The strawberries around California are looking particularly delicious right now so I had to make this recipe! Juicy ripe strawberries are sliced gently in quarters and filled with a delicious cheesecake mixture to help nix those new years cravings and satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 12 large ripe strawberries
- 8 oz light cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp butter (room temp)
- 4 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- gluten free graham crackers or shortbread cookies (*optional)
- In a mixer or by hand cream together the cream cheese and butter until completely smooth.
- When blended together add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix to incorporate completely.
- Place the cheesecake mixture into a piping bag with a fitted tip or try using a ziplock bag with a small piece of the corner cut off to make your own! (we love a DIY queen)
- Slice the green tops off of the strawberries and lay them onto a plate or cutting board pointed side up. Slice the strawberries into quarters about half way through each berry.
- Pipe the cheesecake mixture into each berry and if desired top with gluten free graham cracker or shortbread crumbs.
- Enjoy cold!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut