Rainbow cauliflower is the perfect way to add a little fun to a dinner time favorite. Cauliflower comes in three colors: white, purple, and orange. There is a green pointy vegetable that looks like cauliflower called Romanesco- it belongs to the broccoli family, but would be a welcomed addition here for the sake of color. When chopping your cauliflower remember to cut it into bite sized pieces because like most things in life- the smaller something is… the easier it is to roast.
Gremolata is traditionally made by hand by finely mincing each ingredient and whisking in the liquids. I personally do not have the patience for that which is why I make it in a food processor, but if that’s your jam then live your best life!
- 1 head purple cauliflower (chopped, bite sized)
- 1 head orange cauliflower (chopped, bite sized)
- 1 head white cauliflower (chopped, bite size)
- 1 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley (leaves and stems, chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot (chopped)
- 2 lemons (juice and zest)
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Clean and chop your cauliflower into bite sized florets. Divide it between two large baking trays.
- Toss each tray of cauliflower with 2 Tbsp of olive oil and ½ tsp salt and ½ pepper.
- Roast your cauliflower for 40 minutes or until the bottoms and edges are nicely browned.
- While your cauliflower is roasting combine all remaining ingredients together in a food processor or blender, and taste for salt and pepper. This is your gremolata!
- When your cauliflower has finished pour the gremolata over the top and toss to coat the cauliflower well. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut