I hate recipes that ask you to make a giant batch of a sauce you don’t use all of, but when I make these I also usually make jerk chicken sooooooo it gets used! If you don’t want a double dose of jerk it freezes super well.
BTW we all see the dog hair in these which I did NOT see before posting, my b. So everyone meet my very hairy goodest girl Peanut Butter!
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 4 Tbsp butter (melted)
- 3 bunches green onions (trimmed of their roots)
- 1 large red onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1 Tbsp allspice
- 1.5 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup tamari
- 3 whole serrano peppers (or a whole scotch bonnet if you’re brave!!!)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp anise seeds
- 1/4 cup lime juice or coconut vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit In a blender or food processor combine: Green onion, red onion, garlic, avocado oil, cinnamon, clove, allspice, nutmeg, salt, black pepper, soy sauce, serrano peppers, thyme, fennel seed, anise seed, lime juice or vinegar.
- Blend until smooth, and leave it in the blender. Even if I said “place it in a bowl” you were going to do it anyway. I know it, you know it. Lets move along lol.
- Dice sweet potatoes into bite sized chunks.
- Slice bell peppers and the yellow onion.
- Pour sweet potatoes, peppers, and onion into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Take 1/2 cup of the jerk marinade and melt the butter into it. Then and coat your potato mixture with the jerk marinade butter mixture.
- Cover your baking dish with foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut