Carne asada- Is there anything more sunshine worthy than juicy grilled meats and tacos? Not in my book! “Carne asada” literally translates to grilled meat so feel free to use whatever cut of beef you want, or to even use chicken or pork! If you choose not to use skirt steak your cook times will vary, but the marinade time will stay the same.
Overnight is a must to allow it to fully tenderize the meat and to let all those delicious flavors sink in. I like this the most wrapped in a hot corn tortilla and loaded with guacamole and corn salad it’s a meaty paradise for your mouth! BTW- This recipe is scaled to serve 12 (1/4th pound meat each) because we always want leftovers the next day…and the next…and the next. No regrets!
- 3 lbs beef skirt steak
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple or pineapple juice
- 1 bottle Gluten free beer or cider
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 6 limes (juiced)
- 4 lemons (juiced)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 3 large shallots
- 1 jalapeno pepper (trimmed of stems)
- 1 serrano pepper (trimmed of stems)
- 1/2 cup oil
- Combine all ingredients except beef into a blender and pour over the meat in a large container.
- Marinate overnight.
- When ready to cook grill over high heat (400-450 degrees Fahrenheit) for 5-8 minutes per side.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes and slice thinly against the grain.
- Enjoy topped with all your favorite taco fillings or as a main dish all on it’s own!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut