This picture, although a little blurry, captures the bright vibrant nature of the humble beet. Often over looked or thought of as a fall or winter vegetable beets can be delicious year round! This roasted beet pasta is fresh and beautiful way to get dinner to the table. I’ve chosen to top my bowl with a poached egg, Parmesan cheese, basil, and leftover roasted beets.
For a vegan version try toasting some walnuts, sprinkling some nutritional yeast, adding an extra drizzle of olive oil and topping with the leftover beets. Delicious!
- 3 Cups Chopped fresh beets
- 4 Portions of your favorite GF pasta
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp sun dried tomatoes (finely minced)
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey (or agave nectar)
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 poached eggs (for topping *optional)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (for topping *optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F
- On a baking tray place the chopped beets, olive oil, sun dried tomato, balsamic, honey, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat the beets evenly and roast for 40 minutes.
- As the beets are roasting begin boiling your water for your pasta and cook in salted water according to your packages directions. When cooked, strain and set aside.
- When the beets are roasted and soft reserve one cup for topping and scoop the rest into a blender.
- Blend the beets until smooth, adding a little water as necessary and toss into the drained and cooked pasta. Stir to coat the pasta well. Top with the reserved roasted beets and toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut