This one skillet meal is indulgent, fast, and delicious! Serve it over roasted potatoes, your favorite pasta, zoodles, or enjoy it all on it’s own for a easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love.
The secret to getting those beautiful picture perfect fillets is a super simple cooking method. Most people plop their salmon in the pan skin side down first. STOP! SWERVE! HALT! You’re doing it backwards! By placing the salmon in the pan rounded side (or presentation side) down first you can stop cooking the fillets when they’re perfectly golden brown. This is how restaurants get you that beautiful golden photogenic salmon every time. You can finishing cooking the fillets completely on the side the skin would usually be (the side no one looks at) without sacrificing the pic for the ‘gram. Now get in there chef, you got this!
- 4 portions of salmon (I used 6 oz fillets, skin removed)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Italian herbs blend
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 16 oz baby spinach
- 3 Tbsp pesto
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 large shallot (sliced)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup white wine (I used pinot grigio)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a small bowl mix together: 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 2 tsp Italian herbs blend.
- Rub your salmon fillets with 1 tsp olive oil and the coat with spice blend on both sides. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat pour in 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- When oil is ready place the fillets into the pan presentation side down (the side you want to see while eating).
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the salmon releases from the pan on it's own.
- When salmon is golden brown on one side reduce the heat to medium and place the second Tbsp of olive oil into the pan. Cook on the other side for 7-10 minutes. Or until your salmon flakes easily with a fork (145 degrees Fahrenheit).
- When your salmon is fully cooked remove the fillets from the pan and set the aside.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and add the sliced shallots.
- Cook until soft, about 2 minutes, and then add the garlic.
- Cook the garlic until fragrant or roughly one minute. If you want to snap a great pic reserve a few cherry tomato halves for garnishing.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan, and cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine to the hot pan and deglaze your pan scraping up all those delicious browned bits. Reduce your heat to medium.
- When pan has been deglazed add the spinach to your pan in manageable amounts wilting completely each time before adding more.
- When all spinach has been wilted add one tsp salt and stir well.
- Next add the Parmesan cheese to the pan with the spinach and tomatoes and stir to melt. After the Parmesan has melted, stir in all of the heavy cream and pesto. Mix well.
- Place the salmon fillets back into the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp pepper evenly over the top. Cover your skillet and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes more. Serve and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut